AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYERS SERVING GLOUCESTER COUNTY
Helping vehicular accident victims recover their losses
New Jersey is a densely populated state with heavy commuter traffic, so it’s not surprising that there are hundreds of thousands of motor vehicle accidents each year in our state. If you are injured due to a car crash, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, pain and suffering and other related costs. At Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law, we support auto accident victims throughout New Jersey who suffer from complex and serious injuries — including spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries — and help those who lost loved ones in fatal auto accidents to file wrongful death actions.
Accident cases we handle
The personal injury lawyers at Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law know that suffering any injury in a motor vehicle crash is an unnerving experience. What may seem like no more than a fender bender could result in significant injuries to you and heavy damage to your car. A severe accident might leave you disabled or result in the death of your loved one. In Gloucester County, where we are based, there were 21 fatal accidents accounting for 23 deaths in 2015. Moreover, although everyone in New Jersey is required to carry automobile insurance, not everyone does; uninsured, underinsured and hit-and-run accidents may leave you confused about how to manage the complexities of your case.
You can trust Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law for capable representation on all issues related to:
- Truck and bus accidents — Heavy equipment can do incredible damage to property and easily inflict catastrophic injuries. We have the resources to prosecute truck and bus accident cases against well-defended corporations and government entities.
- Motorcycle accidents — We advocate for seriously injured motorcycle riders so they don’t have to face a grueling legal battle in addition to a tough recovery.
- Drowsy or distracted driving — Sleep deprivation can be just as debilitating for a driver as alcohol consumption can. Distractions such as eating, drinking, applying makeup, reaching for objects, adjusting the stereo, using a cellphone to talk or text, reading or sending email, and undisciplined interactions with passengers take drivers’ attention off the road and increase the likelihood of a serious accident.
- Highway/interstate accidents — We represent victims of high-speed and multi-vehicle crashes on the NJ Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and other major arteries.
- Accidents caused by DUI/DWI — In 2014, there were 201 fatalities in alcohol-related crashes in New Jersey, and 163 deaths in crashes where the driver’s blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists — Insurers estimate that about 12 percent of American motorists operate without liability insurance. If you are struck by an uninsured or underinsured driver, we can help you recover under your own auto insurance policy.
No matter what type of injury you suffer, we provide the aggressive advocacy necessary to build a strong case.
Taking care of the legal side so you can take care of your needs
At Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law, we believe you deserve personal attention. Our attorneys understand that if you are seriously injured, you don’t want to be burdened with gathering evidence, information about the law, and rules for filing a claim. We are here to take care of everything so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. We explain the law and legal process fully to clear up any misconceptions about auto accident litigation. We investigate your accident to determine the most effective strategy and obtain the evidence necessary to determine fault in your case. We perform research and prepare legal briefs and documents to present during phases of negotiation or before a judge and jury. We strive to reach a settlement before trial with insurance companies and the negligent party — but we never hesitate to go to court if the compensation offered is not appropriate or if negotiation efforts otherwise do not prove successful.
Under New Jersey’s no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) laws, your auto insurance company is required to pay your out-of-pocket medical expenses. Our lawyers hold your insurance company to this obligation and support you throughout all communication with insurers, making sure you receive the full coverage your policy provides.
Finally, even if you’re partially at fault for the accident, New Jersey laws allow you to recover compensation so long as a jury determines that you are less than 51 percent at fault for the accident — this is called the “modified” comparative negligence rule.
Rely on us for help if you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Woodbury, New Jersey
An auto accident can change your life forever. But with the right legal support, you can obtain rightful compensation to cover the undue costs and other damages you incur. The Gloucester County attorneys at Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law strive to help our clients obtain fair settlements. We work hard to ensure a successful resolution to your case, because we are genuinely concerned about your future. And through our contingency fee agreement, we commit to advancing the costs of your litigation — we don’t get paid until you do! To schedule a free consultation with one of our highly qualified car accident lawyers, call 866-942-4909 or contact us online.