MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT AUTO ACCIDENT LITIGATION
Correcting some common myths
Were you injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident? If so, it is in your best interests to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. You may have heard information about auto accidents and lawsuits — but what you heard may not be true.
Misconceptions about motor vehicle accidents
Below are some common misconceptions about auto accident cases:
- If I don’t feel pain right after the accident, I’m fine. Adrenaline and shock can mask pain, so you should always see a doctor after an auto accident. Additionally, some injuries do not fully develop until several hours later.
- My car was barely damaged, so chances are that everyone is fine. The damage to your car does not reflect the damage you and your passengers may have sustained. The sheer force of an accident can cause neck, spine and head injuries, regardless of whether your vehicle is damaged or not.
- Hiring a New Jersey attorney for a car accident won’t affect my case. If you want to take legal action after an accident, hiring an attorney greatly increases your chances of receiving compensation. At Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law, we have more than 80 years of combined experience assisting injured NJ motorists.
- My insurance company will give me a fair settlement. The insurance company is not your friend. In fact, your insurance company is a business. And like any business, its goal is to minimize costs and increase profitability. The insurance company accomplishes this by quickly offering you a low-ball settlement.
- Children do not suffer as many injuries as adults because they are young and more flexible. Children have the same chance of suffering injuries in car accidents as adults.
- I think I’m at fault, so I should tell the other driver. Never admit fault after an auto accident. You may think the accident is your fault and discover later that the other driver is as much to blame for the crash as you are. Instead, consult with a skilled New Jersey lawyer.
There is a lot of information available about car accidents and the law. However, determining what information is valid and what information is false can add more stress to your life. A lawyer can provide you with sound guidance on what to do after a car accident. For more information, visit our frequently asked questions page.
Contact us for litigation assistance after an auto accident in New Jersey
Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law operates on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay us unless you obtain a settlement. To schedule a free consultation and speak to one of our highly qualified attorneys in Gloucester County, call 866-942-4909 or contact us online.