MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYERS WOODBURY, NEW JERSEY
Protecting victims of malpractice from our Gloucester County office
Doctors and other health care professionals are expected to perform with the degree of skill and learning of the average professional in their fields. When a doctor or hospital performs below this standard, causing harm, the injured patient may sue to recover damages in a medical malpractice claim. At Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law in New Jersey, our medical malpractice lawyers have more than 80 years of combined experience representing injured parties. We know that you are experiencing pain, stress and frustration, and we are here to help you obtain compensation so you can focus on recovering.
Common types of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice happens more frequently than you might think. Below are the types of cases our attorneys typically handle:
- Surgical mistakes: Surgical errors make up a large number of medical malpractice cases each year. They occur when a surgeon operates on the wrong patient or on the wrong part of a patient’s body or leaves a foreign object behind in the body after surgery. Since surgery is a serious procedure, a mistake can result in a wrongful death.
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis: It is also important that doctors properly diagnose patients. If a doctor fails to detect an illness or condition that any reasonable physician would have discovered, a NJ medical malpractice lawyer can help you file a claim against them.
- Failure to obtain informed consent: Prior to performing a serious procedure, doctors must explain the process and obtain informed consent from the patient.
- Medication errors: Drugs can be powerful tools in treating sickness and healing the body. But if a patient receives the wrong medication, they may suffer a personal injury or even death.
- Birth delivery mistakes: Delivering a baby is a complicated and delicate procedure. If a physician uses too much force, they may injure the baby’s nerves and cause conditions like Erb’s palsy or cerebral palsy.
When you retain our services, you work directly with an experienced NJ medical malpractice attorney. For your convenience, we are available on the weekends and during evening hours.
Personalized legal help for malpractice victims in New Jersey
If a mistake at a hospital or doctor’s office causes you injury, Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law is ready to stand by your side. Skilled and knowledgeable, our attorneys explore every option to help you obtain just compensation. To schedule a free consultation and speak to our Gloucester County legal team, call 866-942-4909 or contact us online.