DOG BITE LAWYERS ASSISTING WITH ANIMAL ATTACKS IN WOODBURY, NEW JERSEY
Animal attacks and dog bites can produce some of the most disfiguring and psychologically damaging injuries. Puncture wounds are subject to infection and permanent scarring or nerve damage, requiring corrective plastic surgery or ongoing medical treatment. Victims may also suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, experiencing flashbacks or panic attacks or having difficulty sleeping.
Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law in Gloucester County aggressively represents victims of dog bites and animal attacks to help them obtain the recovery they need to move on with their lives. To find out more about how our firm can assist you, contact our personal injury lawyers today.
What to do after a dog bite injury
Being attacked by a dog can be a terrifying experience. Below is a list of steps you should take if you or someone you love suffers a bite injury:
- Identify the dog. It is imperative that you identify who owns the dog that bit you.
- Seek medical attention. Dog bite injuries can vary in severity. However, even a minor bite can cause tissue damage and possibly rabies. Seeing a doctor is important for your health and also for your legal case.
- Collect information. Your next step is to collect as much information as possible about the animal that bit you and the person who owns the dog, including name, address, phone number and dog license information.
- Photograph your injuries. Use a smartphone or any camera to take pictures of your injuries as soon as possible.
- Contact a lawyer. A skilled attorney can help you file a claim to obtain compensation for your injuries. Additionally, a New Jersey dog bite lawyer can explain to you that New Jersey is a strict liability state when it comes to animal attacks. This means that the dog owner is liable for any damages caused by a pet regardless of whether the animal has a history of such behavior.
At our firm, we believe in what we do. Let us help you rebuild your life after a traumatic dog bite injury in NJ.
Contact an experienced dog bite lawyer in Woodbury, New Jersey
Dog owners have a responsibility to make sure their pets do not attack other people. If you or someone you care about is attacked by a dog, Brown, Novick & McKinley Attorneys at Law will rush to your aid. Our attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that we only get paid if you receive a settlement. To schedule a free consultation and speak to one of our highly qualified lawyers, call 866-942-4909 or contact us online.